Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 8:47 p.m. by Chair Scott Mead.
Present: Chair-Supervisor Scott Mead, Supervisor Lee Kaplan, Supervisor Don Swanstrom, Treasurer Ray Barnes and Clerk Lita Wallace. Others in attendance: twelve residents and one non-resident.
Clerk’s Report: Minutes of February meeting was presented and reviewed. Motioned by Swanstrom to approve the minutes, Scott Mead seconded, motion carried unanimously.
February 2018 Treasurer’s Report
Total Cash on hand as of 02/01/2018 – $252,476.49
Plus: Deposits – $3,881.38
Less Disbursements (February) – $1,271.29
Total Cash on hand as of 02/28/2018 – $255,086.58
February Check # 1314 – 1317
Mead motioned to approve the February Treasurer’s Report, seconded by Lee, motion carried unanimously.
March 2018 Treasurer’s Report
Claims (March) – $1,329.34
March Check # 1318 – 1328
- Update on KTM Paving repair of West Branch Road – KTM estimated the cost to be under $100,000.00 for raising, filling, and to black top the road. The price also includes culvert work.
- Reminder: LBAE (Local Board of Appeals & Equalization) meeting scheduled May 9, 5-6 p.m. Pequaywan Fire Department
- Result of 2018 Town Election: Charles Kuettel won the election for supervisor position
- Approved Levy as discussed at the Annual Town Meeting was $30,000.00 with $13,500.00 going to Pequaywan Fire Department
- Approval of March 2018 Claims – Motioned and seconded, motion carried unanimously.
- Spring Short Courses – Town officers interested in attending can register themselves and will be reimbursed.
- Email from U.S. Census Bureau re-Boundary and Annexation Survey
- Letter from Frontier Communications asking permission to locate, construct, operate and maintain telephone facilities along Lake Street.
- Two Absentee Ballots from resident voters by postage mail
- Email of Township Roster and Master List from St. Louis County Election Department for town election and form to complete and submit an updated list and contact information of town officers
- Email from St. Louis County Public Works re-Beaver Control Program Clarification
- Newsletter Email from Minnesota Association of Townships re- Annual Town Meeting, March Elections, Spring Short Courses and Lobby Days
- Letter from Minnesota Association of Townships re-form to complete and submit an updated list and contact information of town officers
- Minutes of January 2018 meeting from St. Louis County Association of Townships
- Letter from Century Link re-plans for 2018 Construction Season
- Barnes completed and sent the Office of State Auditor required annual financial reporting of town activities to the State
- Mead completed and submitted the U.S. Census Bureau’s request for Boundary and Annexation Survey
- Mead completed and sent a response to Frontier Communications
Next Meeting: April 10, 2018, 7:30 p.m., Pequaywan Fire Department, 8764 Pequaywan Lake Road
Motion to Adjourn: Kaplan motion to adjourn at 9:30 p.m., second by Swanstrom, motion carried unanimously.
Respectfully submitted by,
Lita Wallace, Town Clerk