August 12, 2020
The August Town Board meeting will be held in-person at Pequaywan Firehall. It has been re-scheduled on Wednesday, August 12, 2020, as it falls the same day as the Primary Election. This will give the election judges enough time to clean up, count the ballots and report the result to St. Louis County. The Town Board reserves the right to change the venue of the meeting due to COVID-19, if necessary.
Safety Guidelines for In-Person Meetings during COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Recommend wearing face mask.
- Capacity of 12 (except family members in the same household may sit together.)
- Providing hand sanitizer and facemask.
- Sanitizing tables, chairs etc. before and after meetings.
- Temperature check before entering the building.
- Open window with fan pushing air outside may be used, if necessary.
- Follow 6-foot social distancing.
- This guideline may change, if necessary.
Call to Order
Attendance: Town officers, guests
- Approve Emergency July 29, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- Approve July 2020 Town Board Meeting Minutes
- Approve July Treasurer's Report
- Approve August Claims
- Sign Claims reports from past teleconference meetings
- Update on in-person meeting
- Status and possible date for tree disposal at township land
- Opening of collection area for dead trees at West Branch Road
- Update on the walking trail
- Fire threat from dead trees at West Branch Road
- Cares Act grant for Election 2020 expenses
- August 2020 Primary election update
- November 2020 General Election mail-in voting
- Discuss the following resolutions:
Records Retention and Filing System for Townships
2. Statutory Conflicts of Interest
- Chinese mystery snails in the area and how to dispose of them
- Newsletters from the Office of the State Auditor with information on CARES Act (Coronavirus Aid Relief, and Economic Securities)
- Several emails from St. Louis County Elections: clerk/election judge training; election supplies; rosters; PPE (hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray, masks) available for pickup; reminder to do preliminary test of the Automark machine prior to holding the public accuracy test; DS200 manual; mailing labels for registered voters; sample mail ballot letter; CARES Act; names of voters that requested Absentee ballots for August election to be marked on the roster
- Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State with instructions on VEGA-2 grant funds and expenditure reporting for the purchase of DS200 counting machine
- Governor Walz's Executive Order 20-81 from St. Louis County which says beginning July 25, 2020, all Minnesotans must wear a face covering in all public indoor spaces including polling places
- Requests from Steve Bell & Associates, and North Shore Title to verify special assessments levied on properties in the township
- Minnesota Association of Townships (MAT) re-unsolicited packages of mystery seeds appearing to come from China
- MAT special teleconference on CARES Act funding for townships
- S. Census Bureau updates on the Final Boundary Validation Program
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources re-CPL grant program open for applications to nonprofit organizations and government entities with purpose of funding conservation projects that restore, enhance, or protect forests, wetlands, prairies, or habitat for fish, game, and wildlife in Minnesota with grant ranging from $5,000 to $400,000
- Emailed Resolution 2020-012 Supporting Mail Voting for November 2020 General Election to St. Louis County Elections
- Emailed list to St. Louis County Elections of training completed by election judges
Next Meeting, September 8, 2020, 7:30 p.m., Pequaywan Firehall, 8764 Pequaywan Lake Road
Adjourn regular meeting