April 14, 2020
Due to the threat of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Board of Supervisors of Pequaywan Township will not be holding monthly meetings at the Pequaywan Fire Hall. Instead, they will meet and conduct business in a telephone conference, starting at the scheduled time of the meeting. These meetings will still be open to the public. If you would like to listen in the monthly meeting, please send an email to Deputy Clerk Stephanie Teek at email@example.com or call 218-525-4068 with your phone number. She will register you for the meeting and send you instructions on how to get into the conference call.
(1) on votes, each supervisor will say 1st name and vote yes or no
(2) the public will not be able to speak during the meeting, as advised. Instead, the public can call a supervisor on their concerns. See Public Comments below for more information.
Call to Order
Commentary on procedure for telephone call including On Votes, each supervisor will say 1st name and vote yes or no. The public will not be able to speak during the meeting, as advised. Instead, the public can call a supervisor on their concerns.
Attendance: Town officers, guests
- Reminder: LBAE (Local Board of Appeal and Equalization) meeting scheduled on April 29, 2020, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Pequaywan Fire Hall
- Update: Due to COVID-19, monthly town board meetings and other meetings conducted via teleconference until further notice, see pequaywantownship.org
- Update: deputy clerk/deputy treasurer training
- Update: Option B (appointed position) implementation for deputy clerk and deputy treasurer converting to clerk and treasurer in March 2021
- Update: One-signatory check and adding deputy treasurer on the account - Docu-sign document instead of in-person by town officers as required by the credit union
- Appointing Chair and Vice-Chair
- West Branch Road - concern of dead trees near the road and property
- Minnesota Association of Townships (MAT) online town officer training on April 17
- MAT informational conference calls for town officers available on April 13 and April 14
- Roster or ballots from the March Township Election may be kept and stored for the required 22 months
- What meetings deputy clerk and deputy treasurer required to attend
- Oath of Office conducted on March 16, 2020 for elected supervisor Don Swanstrom, appointed deputy clerk Stephanie Teek, and appointed deputy treasurer Jennifer Maciewski
- Providing keys to deputy clerk and deputy treasurer for the Pequaywan Firehall door and filing cabinet
- Discussion and adoption of the following Resolutions:
- Resolution for One Signatory Check to Pay Claims
- Resolution for Adopting Teleconference Meetings Due to COVID-19
- Resolution for 2021 Levy
- Email from Saint Louis County Public Health and Human Services Department re-liaison for township guidance on COVID-19 and continuing follow-up weekly newsletter thereafter
- Email from Saint Louis County Election Department advising that any roster or ballots for the March Township Election may be kept and stored for the required 22 months
- Emails from Minnesota Association of Townships re-training; online seminar, MAT Coronavirus Conference Call; teleconference township meeting guide
- Emails from Lora Skarman of St. Louis County Assessor's Office re-LBAE meeting instructions, supplies, Assessment book
- Email from St. Louis County Association of Townships Officers (SLCAT) re-March Miniutes, SLCAT Lobby Day, April and May Meeting cancellations
- Email from Phil Chapman of St. Louis County Eelction Department re-deadline to submit Presidential Primary Election Reimbursement
- Email from St. Louis County Auditor re-dates of Early Distribution of 2020 Tax Collections
- Email from Joe Odell of St. Louis County Assessors Department re-meeting options and guides due to COVID-19
- Email from MN Department of Natural Resources re-Spring burning restrictions begin in Minnesota on March 27
- Email from Minnesota Association of Townships re-the "Stay at Home" Emergency Executive Order by MN Governor Walz effective March 27 at 11:59 p.m. through April 10 at 5 p.m.
- Emails from Katherine Brey of St. Louis County Assessor's Office in setting up a website for townships that have changed formats of meeting to either telephone or video conference, https://www.stlouiscountymn.gov/departments-a-z/assessor/2020-local-board-format-changes
- Email from Superior Choice Credit Union re-signing document electronically via Docu-sign for one-signatory check approval
- MATIT Life Insurance form and payment for officers sent via postage mail
- Presidential Nomination Primary (PNP) Expense Reimbursement form delivered to St. Louis County Auditor's Office Election Department on March 11, 2020
- Personal delivery of ballots and other election materials from the Presidential Primary Election and March Township Election
This is a courtesy extended to persons wishing to address the Board, who are not on the agenda. No more than one (1) public comment form per citizen will be accepted per meeting. A completed Public Comment form must be presented to the clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the meeting. Your presentation will be limited to two (2) minutes.
Next Meeting, May 12, 2020, 7:30 p.m., Pequaywan Firehall, teleconference until further notice or check the town webpage, pequaywantownship.org for update.