March 9, 2021
Safety Guidelines for In-Person Meetings during COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Recommend wearing face mask.
- Capacity of 12 (except family members in the same household may sit together.)
- Providing hand sanitizer and facemask.
- Sanitizing tables, chairs etc. before and after meetings.
- Temperature check before entering the building.
- Open window with fan pushing air outside may be used, if necessary.
- Follow 6-foot social distancing.
- Temperature may be taken at the door.
Call to Order
Attendance: Town officers, guests
- Reminder: LBAE (Local Board of Appeal and Equalization) meeting scheduled on
May 5, 2021, 3:00-4:00 p.m., via teleconference
- Result of Township Election
- Motion to appoint Amber Cruz as clerk and Lynne Scalzo as treasurer effective March 10, 2021
- Hiring of Lita Wallace as deputy clerk and Raymond Barnes as deputy treasurer effective March 10, 2021 to continue the smooth training transition; and if needed, to provide back-up for clerk and treasurer duties
- IT position proposals
- Update on request to vacate part of River Road easement
- Update on road grants
- 2022 Town Levy
- April Town Board Meeting and Reorganization Meeting (in-person or via teleconference?)
- Email from St. Louis County, news release on the County Board approving the funding of eight projects to combat aquatic invasive species
- Letter from the United States Department of Commerce U.S. Census Bureau on the Boundary and Annexation Survey (BAS) as well as the Annual Response and Contact Update Form for the BAS
- Email from the United States Department of Commerce U.S. Census Bureau reminding about the 2021 Boundary and Annexation Survey (BAS) March 1, 2021 deadline approaching
- Email from Brad Gustafson of the St. Louis County Government Services Center Planning and Community Development on the Round 2 Applications for CDBG-CV and ESG-CV. Deadlines for the applications is March 22, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
- Voter Master List and roster from St. Louis County Election
- Invoice from Minnesota Benefit Association in the amount of $224.00 for town officer's life insurance
- Inquiry from North Shore Title verifying to confirm that the township does not have any assessments on properties at the township
- Email from Minnesota Office of State Auditor on the submitting of the 2020 State Auditor data files and financial statements.
- Email from Minnesota Association of Townships that included the February 2021 newsletter
- Decision notice from St. Louis County Planning Commission on the Conditional Use Permit hearing that took place on February 11, 2021
- Email from Cathy Rouleau of SCLAT (St. Louis County Association of Townships) double checking email address of those attending the SLCAT meeting on May 26, 2021
- Email from Cathy Rouleau of SCLAT (St. Louis County Association of Townships) for the February 24, 2021 meeting agenda
- Email from Minnesota Association of Townships on Legislative Update and Advocacy Alert
- Email from Cathy Rouleau of SCLAT (St. Louis County Association of Townships) containing the minutes of January 27, 2021
- Approved decision of the St. Louis County Planning Commission on a conditional use permit for short-term rental
- Email from St. Louis County that “Anyone 65+ is now eligible for immediate vaccination with St Louis County Public Health, contact the vaccine scheduling (email is preferred): vaccineScheduling@stlouiscountymn.gov or Vaccine Scheduling line 218-726-2623”.
- Email to Lora Skarman at the St Louis County Assessor’s Office on the confirmation of the LBAE meeting date and time for Pequaywan township as well as informing of the change of clerk to take place March 10, 2021
- Boundary and Annexation Survey (BAS) Annual Response and Contact Update Form was sent to the United States Department of Commerce U.S Census Bureau with updated clerk information
- CTAS report for year 2020 submitted to the State of Minnesota Auditor's Office
Next Meeting, April 13, 2021, 7:30 p.m