May 11, 2021
Due to COVID-19, April 13, 2021 Town Board meeting will be held via teleconference at 7:30 p.m. To access the meeting: call 1-425-436-6339, at the prompt, enter the access code 5232275 followed by #.
Pequaywan residents may submit a topic for discussion during the town board meeting under the Public Comment section of the Agenda by sending an email to email@example.com at least three (3) days before the meeting. Public Comment section is a courtesy extended to persons wishing to address the board. No more than one (1) public comment item per citizen will be accepted per meeting. Guests will be muted during the meeting but unmuted during Public Comments for those that submitted a request. Presentation will be limited to two (2) minutes.
Call to Order
Since the meeting is conducted via teleconference, the supervisors will read the April 13, 2021 minutes from the town webpage.
Total Funds on hand as of 04/01/2021 (Includes Investments) - $166,048.49
Plus: Deposits (April) - $131.00
Interest on Accounts - $131.00
Less: Disbursements (April) - $3,478.09
Payroll - $1,096.96
Automark Machine - $180.00
Employer’s Federal Tax Form 941 – 1st Qtr: $1,806.18
Other Expenses - $394.95
Total Funds on hand as of 04/30/2021 - $162,701.40
April Check # 1652 - 1667
Claims (May) - $2,366.63
May Check # 1668 – 1677
No transfers to the Checking Account will be needed.
- Update on the West Branch road.
- Date for special meeting for the vacating of the River Road easement needs to be set.
- Update for the 66’ easement on Moose Lake road.
- Resolution for compensation, update
- Tree/Branch disposal for 2021
- Increased fire danger for Pequaywan Township
- Location for future meetings, either at the Pequaywan Firehall or via teleconference
- St Louis County Planning Commission meeting June 10, 2021 on the application for a conditional use permit for property located at 9038 West Branch Road
- Email from Katherine Brey from the St Louis County Assessor’s Office containing the 2021 Assessment Book for Pequaywan
- Email from Joell Odell of the St Louis County Assessor’s Office on updates for the Local Board of Appeals and Equalization (LBAE) meeting that was held on May 5, 2021.
- Email from Vaughn Larson about their property’s valuation notice
- Email from the Minnesota Association of Townships – Legislative update and advocacy alert
- Email from Kathy Rouleau of the St Louis County Association of Townships reminding about the meeting held on April 28, 2021.
- Invoice from Daisy Wallace for the total of $157.50 for the township website maintenance
- Invoice from St Louis County Public Works Department for the total of $1121.25 for the AR snowplowing 2020-2021 2nd half billing
- Minnesota Association of Townships newsletter for April 2021
- Email from Charmin Thramer regarding the vacating of the River Road easement.
- Email from North Shore Title wanting information regarding pending or levied assessments against a property on Pinewood Road.
- Email from Angela Lepak of St Louis County Planning and Community Development regarding an application for a conditional use permit located within Pequaywan Township.
- Email from Joell Odell of the St Louis County Assessor’s Office with the minutes for the LBAE meeting that was held May 5, 2021.
- Email from Charmin Thramer regarding the request to vacate the River Road easement
- Email to Joell Odell of the St Louis County Assessor’s Office with the teleconference information for the meeting held May 5, 2021.
- Email to North Shore Title on the request for information on property located on Pinewood Road.
- Email containing the Certification Form for the LBAE meeting that was held on May 5, 2021, to Joe Odell of the St Louis County Assessor’s Office
- Email and phone call to Ron Lake about property located on Pinewood Road.
- Email to John Wilson regarding the request for an easement on Moose Lake Road
- Email to Charmine Thramer regarding the request for vacating an easement on River Road.
- Ron Lake would like the township permission for use of plotted land for access to his property that he is in the process of purchasing.