The Board of Supervisors generally meets the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm at the Pequaywan Lake Volunteer Fire Department, 8764 Pequaywan Lake Road.
Township Board Meeting, 7:30pm (via teleconference)
January 12, 2021
[fruitful_alert type="alert-success"]Due to COVID-19, effective October 2020, Town Board meeting will be held via teleconference at 7:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month until further notice. Contact the town treasurer at email@example.com/218-428-2510 or town clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org/218-525-4068 to get the login and password in connecting to the teleconference meeting. Pequaywan residents may submit a topic for discussion during the town board meeting under the Public Comment section of the Agenda by sending an email to email@example.com at least three (3) days before the meeting. Public Comment section is a courtesy extended to persons wishing to address the board. No more than one (1) public comment item per citizen will be accepted per meeting. Guests will be muted during the meeting but unmuted during Public Comments for those that submitted a request. Presentation will be limited to two (2) minutes.[/fruitful_alert]
Call to Order
Attendance: Town officers, guests
- Plans for February and March meetings (Annual Town Hall, Town Board, Board of Canvass)
- New town officers hire (clerk and treasurer replacements): Oath of Office swearing-in, salary, start date, add as signatories for the credit union accounts
- Letters advising 142 resident voters of mail-in balloting for March 2021 Town Election
- Reminder for 2 meetings: Board of Audit Meeting and Budget Meeting scheduled on January 26 at 7:00 p.m. at Pequaywan Firehall - this is an Open Meeting (we will follow COVID-19 guidelines - must wear a mask, hand sanitizer provided, social distancing to limit number of people)
- Pequaywan Fire & EMS Budget report: actual expenses from 2016-2020, budget for 2021 and amount requesting for 2022 levy
- Approval of Resolution #2020-001, Appointing 2021 Election Judges
- Approval of Resolution #2020-002, Appointing the Absentee and Mail-in Balloting Ballot Board for 2021 March Town Election
- Options for March Annual Town Meeting if attendance exceeds the maximum participants allowed in the building due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Conditional use permit application for short-term rental for a property at 9335 Pequaywan Lake Road received by St. Louis County, Planning & Community Development Department that is considering a meeting on February 11, 2021. St. Louis County wrote that comments submitted by the township must be accompanied with an official Town Board resolution outlining the Town's response to the conditional use permit request.
- Opening for an individual to manage trouble shooting the town's webpages using WordPress
- Letter from St. Louis County Planning Commission re-conditional use permit application located in 9335 Pequaywan Lake Road for short-term rental and consideration for a meeting on February 11, 2021
- Emails from Phil Chapman of St. Louis County Elections re: (1) approval for mail-in balloting and various email responses to inquiries; (2) Town Clerk Election Guide; (3) Absentee Voting Administration Guide; (4) address label file and list of resident voters for sending letters and ballots to resident voters for town election; and (5) envelopes use for mail-in balloting
- Email from Minnesota Association of Townships with information on how to use mail-in voting for the March township election
- Weekly email newsletters re-COVID-19 from St. Louis County
- December 2020 newsletter from Minnesota Association of Townships
- Email from St. Louis County Land Minerals Department re-2020 Annual Noxious Weed Report to be filled out and submitted by January 31, 2020
- Email from Office of the State Auditor stating that CTAS 2021 is now available including 2021 Tax Tables
- Invoice of $65.18 from St. Louis County Auditors Office for services completed in the preparation and delivery of the Proposed Tax Notice
- Resume from applicants for clerk and treasurer positions
- Affidavit of Candidacy from Charles Kuettel for supervisor position
- Annual Report of Outstanding Indebtedness as of December 31, 2020, received rom St. Louis County Auditor's Office to be completed by February 1, 2021.
- Resolution #2020-015, Authorizing Mail Balloting for 2021 March Town Election and Resolution #2020-008, Designating Annual Polling Place emailed to St. Louis County Elections
- Workers' Comp Survey mailed to MATIT
- Emailed to St. Louis County a copy of Public Notice for the supervisor opening for March town election
- Letters sent by postage mail to 142 resident voters re-mail-in balloting for March township election
- Submitted the following documents via electronic filing to the State of Minnesota: (1) Minnesota Unemployment Insurance; (2) Minnesota Sales and Use Tax; and (3) Minnesota Withholding
- W-2s sent by postage mail to town officers
- Deb Pomroy, Pequaywan Township Weed Inspector, completed and signed the 2020 Annual Township and City Report, co-signed by Kuettel, was submitted to the St. Louis County Agriculture Inspector
- Annual Report of Outstanding Indebtedness as of December 31, 2020, sent to St. Louis County Auditor's Office
This is a courtesy extended to persons wishing to address the Board, who are not on the agenda. No more than one (1) public comment form per citizen will be accepted per meeting. A completed Public Comment form must be presented to the clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the meeting. Your presentation will be limited to two (2) minutes.
Next Meeting February 8, 2021, 7:30 p.m.