Call to Order: meeting was called to order at 7:30 p.m. by Chair Donald Swanstrom.
Board members: Chair Don Swanstrom, Vice-Chair Scott Mead, Supervisor Charles Kuettel, Treasurer Raymond G. Barnes, Clerk Lita Wallace
Number of resident/s present: 6
Number of non-resident present: 1
Clerk’s Report: Mead motioned to approve September Minutes, seconded by Kuettel, motion carried.
Total Cash on hand as of 09/01/2018 – $274,301.63
Plus: Deposits – $188.10
Less Disbursements (September) – $103,368.83
Total Cash on hand as of 09/30/2018 – $171,120.90
September Check # 1374 – 1384
Mead motioned to approve September Treasurer’s Report, seconded by Kuettel, motion carried.
Claims (October) – $5162.35 (including bill from St. Louis County for snow plowing in the amount of $1,121.25 and Future Forests for tree spraying in the amount of $2,880.00)
October Check # 1385 – 1394
Swanstrom motioned to approve October Claims, seconded by Mead, motion carried.
- November Election – scheduled on Tuesday, November 6, from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Pequaywan Firehall
- West Branch Road – Mead reported that the shoulder washed out during the storm. Thanks to Doug Nelson who donated his equipment (front loader) and time to get it fixed.
- Township land Planning Group report – Phyllis Mead of Pequaywan Lakes Association reported the following suggestions generated from the recent focus group meeting: (1) 30×40 open air pavilion; (2) driveway extension; (3) privy; (4) clearing open area where there are a lot of downed logs for possible informal recreation area; (5) electricity; and (6) well. She also mentioned the possibility of applying for a DNR grant which will be available when posted online starting December 2018. DNR requires a 50-50 match. Township’s share would be volunteer time @ $9 per hour.
- Expired 3-year Money Market Certificate – Mead motioned to apply for an 18-month Money Market Certificate for 2-$50,000.00 amount or a total of $100,000.00, seconded by Kuettel, motion carried. The certificate can be withdrawn at anytime without penalty for early withdrawal in case the town needs to access the funds.
- Use of township land for motorized vehicles- 4-wheelers and motorcycles are prohibited except for maintenance purposes. Signs had been posted to this effect. Mead will write a Resolution.
- Weed Inspection – Barnes reported that Deb Pomroy has been working on it but cannot submit a report until she gets the new information form that will not be available until December or later.
- Louis County Crack Sealing Maintenance Program – Kuettel reported that it will not work for us right now. The county charges $600.00 just for them to look at it.
New Business: None
- Bill from St. Louis County Public Works Department in the amount of $1,121.25 for snow plowing
- Bill from Future Forests for tree spraying services in the amount of $2,880.00
- Letter from St. Louis County Public Works Department re-Maintenance Requests for any work to be done by the county not covered by “Road Maintenance Agreement” be submitted yearly in writing
- Letter and follow-up email from St Louis County Planning and Development Department re- notice for Comprehensive Land Use Plan public hearing scheduled on October 18
- Newsletter Email from Minnesota Association of Townships
- Email from Minnesota Department of Revenue re-upcoming LBAE training
- Email from Minnesota Association of Townships re-Survey for Fire Chiefs (Note: Wallace reported that the email was forwarded to the Pequaywan Fire Chief)
- Letter from St. Louis County Board of Adjustment re-Facts and Findings, Conclusions and Decision the Board approved for Donald Birdsong property
- Public Comment: Residents expressed their concern about not having a burn pile. Discussion ensued that this is a big community issue especially for those that do not have an area to burn in their properties. Township land will be better utilized if there is a burn pile. Mead added that a location will have to be determined and may need easement from the county, create another driveway, and install culvert if location is on the east side of the land.
Next Meeting: November 13, 2018, 7:30 p.m., Pequaywan Fire Department, 8764 Pequaywan Lake Road
Swanstrom motioned to adjourn at 8:30 p.m., seconded by Mead, motion carried.
Respectfully submitted by,
Lita Wallace, Town Clerk