The Board of Supervisors generally meets the second Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm at the Pequaywan Lake Volunteer Fire Department, 8764 Pequaywan Lake Road.
Events in July 2021
Township Board Meeting at the Pequaywan firehall (teleconference available also)
Township Board Meeting at the Pequaywan firehall (teleconference available also)Pequaywan Fire Hall8764 Pequaywan Lake RoadDuluth, MN
The July 13, 2021 Township Board meeting will be held at the Pequaywan firehall. We will follow CDC and Governor Walz guidelines. If you are fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask. There is also the option for guests to attend the meeting via teleconference. To access the meeting: call 1-425-436-6339, at the prompt, enter the access code 5232275 followed by #.
Pequaywan residents may submit a topic for discussion during the town board meeting under the Public Comment section of the Agenda by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least three (3) days before the meeting. Public Comment section is a courtesy extended to persons wishing to address the board. No more than one (1) public comment item per citizen will be accepted per meeting. Guests will be muted during the meeting but unmuted during Public Comments for those that submitted a request. Presentation will be limited to two (2) minutes.
Call to Order
The June 8, 2021 Township Board Meetings for approval
Total Funds on hand as of 06/01/2021 (Includes Investments) - $160,462.48
Plus Deposits (June) - $131.29
Interest on Accounts - $131.29
Less Disbursements (June) - $1,544.12
Payroll - $1,436.05
Website Administration - $37.92
Other Expenses - $70.15
Total Funds on hand as of 06/30/2021 - $159,049.65
June Check # 1678 – 1688
Claims (July) – $1,229.08
July Check # 1689 – 1697
No transfers to the Checking Account will be needed
- Opening for township treasurer position
- Road access approval needed from the Township road supervisor for Sue Johnsons property located at 9028 West Branch Road. This approval is to be on-file with St. Louis County
- Application for Variance meeting to be held on August 12, 2021. St Louis County is requesting comments from the Township.
- American Rescue Plan Act
- Update on West Branch Road
- Update on tree/branch disposal site
- Update on Minnesota Department of Revenue’s demand for missing withholding tax return
- Email from St. Louis County Planning and Community Development on the CDBG citizen advisory committee opening
- Email from Minnesota Association of Townships (MAT) about a webinar on requesting American Rescue Plan Act funds
- Email from Judith Strom with information on the tree disposal posted on the Lake Association website
- Email from MAT pertaining to the retirement of the Finance Director
- Email from MAT with important information from Minnesota Management and Budget (MMB) on American Rescue Plan Act funds
- Email from MAT containing the June 2021 newsletter
- Email from Sue Johnson regarding the approval of her conditional permit
- Email from Donald Rigney of St Louis County Planning Commission on the approval of a condition use permit for 9028 West Branch road
- Email from Sue Johnson requesting approval of road access for 9028 West Branch road to be on-file with St Louis County
- Email Pequaywan Township treasurer Lynne Scalzo containing her resignation of township treasurer
- Email from Lora Skarman of St Louis County Assessor’s Office about upcoming changes to the Board of Appeal and Equalization Training
- Invoice of $45.00 from Daisy Wallace for website administration
- Email from Lora Skarman of St Louis County Assessor’s Office on Minnesota Department of Revenue Board of Appeal and Equalization updated online training for the 2022 appeals season
- Letter from the IRS for address change
- Email from Michelle Claviter-Tveit of St Louis County Planning and Community Development on a application of variance received by the county.
- Invoices from Nick Elmquist in the amounts of $400 and $350 for road repairs.
- Forwarded letter received from St Louis County Attorneys Office that was intended for North Star township
- Email to Sue Johnson pertaining to her conditional use permit approval and the need to attend the July Township Board meeting.