Meeting was called to order by Charles Kuettel at 9:51 pm. The meeting was held at Pequaywan Firehall.
Officers: Supervisor Donald Swanstrom, Supervisor Douglas Dressen, Supervisor Charles Kuettel, clerk Amber, Cruz, treasurer Carol Nelson, incoming supervisor Douglas Nelson and incoming clerk Lita Wallace
Guests: Ted Wallace, Dale Brooks, Mark Freeman, Steve Mueller
February 14, 2023, Board Meeting Minutes for approval. A motion to approve the minutes was provided by Dressen. The motion was seconded by Swanstrom, motion carried 3-0-0
Total Funds on hand as of 02/01/2023 (Includes Investments) $ 218,392.12
Plus: Deposits 5,143.53
Interest on Accounts $504.85
St Louis County 2022 Road Tax 1,611.68
St. Louis County 2022 Production Tax 3,027.00
Less: Disbursements 620.16
Payroll $ 289.45
Other Expenses $ 330.71
Total Funds on hand as of 2/28/2023 $222,915.49
Feb Checks Writtten # 1864-1867
Deposits – Forfeit Land Revenue
Disbursements – $ 3,365.29
Checks written # 1868-1879
No transfers to the Checking Account will be needed
Motion to approve the treasurer’s report was provided by Dressen. The motion was seconded by Swanstrom, motion carried 3-0-0
- Results of Township Election: out of the 151 registered voters 17 votes were received. Douglas Nelson has been elected supervisor with 12 votes.
- Update on training, new board members and election judges: Douglas Nelson will join the board as a supervisor. Lita Wallace was appointed clerk to replace the current clerk Amber Cruz. Amber Cruz will assume the role of co-deputy clerk until after the May meeting.
- Motion was given by Dressen for Lita Wallace to handle the registration details for the training on April 7. The motion was seconded by Swanstrom, the motion carried 3-0-0.
- Motion to add Douglas Nelson to the checking accounts was provided by Dressen. The motion was seconded by Swanstrom, the motion carried 3-0-0.
- Motion to add Lita Wallace to the checking accounts was provided by Swanstrom. The motion was seconded by Dressen, the motion carried 3-0-0.
- Upcoming LBAE meeting: the county has scheduled the meeting to be held on April 20, 2023 from 3-4 pm at the Pequaywan Fire Hall.
- 2024 Levy motion to accept. Motion to accept the 2024 levy was provided by Dressen. The motion was seconded by Swanstrom, the motion carried 3-0-0
- Board of Canvass: Cruz reported that Douglas Nelson run for the open supervisor position and won the election. The result was motioned and seconded. Motion passed. 3-0-0.
- Email reminder from US Census Bureau to respond to the 2023 Boundary and Annexation Survey
- Email from Minnesota Association of Townships (MAT) with broadband/digital connection information
- Email from Cathy Rouleau of St Louis County Association of Townships with the SCLAT minutes for the meeting held on 1/25/2023
- February 2023 newsletter from Minnesota Association of Townships
- Emails from Jonathan Blevins of St Louis County Elections Department with Automark and DS200 access code; election day information; a notice that election rosters are now available for pickup; and roster pickup information
- Invoice from Daisy Wallace in the amount of $30 for website maintenance
- Email from JoDee Poucher of St Louis County Auditor/Elections with the master list
- Email from Alyssa Hanson of Minnesota Association of Townships with a request for updated clerk address
- Email from Minnesota Association of Townships with an Advocacy Alert: email legislators about township priorities
- Email from Minnesota Association of Townships with an invitation: Auditors State of Main Street event
- Email to Jonathan Blevins of St Louis County Elections containing a sample ballot.
- Email to Alyssa Hanson of Minnesota Association of Townships with the clerk’s current address as well as a notice of a new clerk starting in April
- Email to Jonathan Blevins of St Louis County Elections concerning election roster pickup.
- Dressen reported that the Pequaywan Garden Club has weed people that will do the weed reports for the township
- Township Board Meeting April 11, 2023, at 7pm located at the Pequaywan Fire Hall
- LBAE meeting April 20, 2023, from 3-4pm at the Pequaywan Fire Hall
Motion to adjourn the meeting was provided by Dressen. The motion was seconded by Swanstrom, the motion carried 3-0-0. The meeting was adjourned at 10:12 pm by Kuettel
Respectfully submitted by
Amber Cruz, Clerk
Posted by Lita Wallace